If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:
www.Kentucky.PreppersNetwork.com Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites. The KY forum is still the same URL: www.KentuckyPreppersNetworkForum.com
Join our forum at:

June 4, 2009

A Student's Perspective On Prepping

I try to bring a different perspective to prepping. There are lots out there that blog about preparedness and put out some really great info. (Flea, RW, Creekmore, just to name a few) But I haven't found anyone writing about preparedness for the younger/college student crowd. Prepping for individuals still living at home and going to school is a whole different ballgame than someone with a home and land. Without your own home and land it's tough to garden or work to self sufficiency. It's also tough to store lots of preps if all the storage space you have is a bedroom and a closet.

The good news is that it is possible for a student to be prepped. I discuss ways for students and adults alike to be prepped on a daily basis. The problem is that most of the people in that category could care less about the economy and disaster preparedness. The fact is that when the bottom falls out of the US economy, the ramifications will effect everyone. Everyone from college students, to senior citizens, to infants.

I started prepping as a natural reaction to realizing what was happening with the US economy. Before then I never realized that prepping was even an option. I was fairly in tune with the consequences of the government's actions but would have called you a liar if you told me I would be stockpiling food and other essential goods. Like stated above, prepping was my reaction to the coming collapse. I'm only one person and yes I'm active in politics and I contact my local reps but there's only so many emails I can write. I blog about preparedness and the economy in hopes that others will follow suite and get prepared themselves. The more people prepared when this thing hits, the better off we'll all be.

The main thing is getting everyone on the same page. So instead of being crushed by the actions of the rouge federal government, we can come together, and rise above this and rebuild our nation the way it is suppose to be. We have power in numbers, but we can't let the media divide us. We are all in this together and the power is in each and every one of us to rise above this. Adults and students alike have the ability to be prepared, the question is do you want to be prepared? There is no excuse for not prepping because it can be done on the tightest of budgets and there is no lack of information out there. I don't think anyone could say they are prepped "enough" so even a little bit will help you. Start small and work your way up. Set a goal and work to achieve it.

SubscribeShare/Save/Bookmark