If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:
www.Kentucky.PreppersNetwork.com Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites. The KY forum is still the same URL: www.KentuckyPreppersNetworkForum.com
Join our forum at:

January 24, 2009

Got Duct Tape ??

I can't begin to tell you all the times Duct Tape has saved the day for me. I have used it for just about anything and everything you can think of. I will never be without several rolls in my supplies. I keep a few rolls in each car too.
Why Duct Tape?

Duct tape is a great item to have in your survival kit. It has a number of uses and can help you make emergency repairs on just about everything.

What can you do with Duct Tape?
Make emergency repairs on, tents, gear, tarps, pack, sleeping bag, clothing, rain gear, etc….
Medical Uses - making large bandages, adding padding to blisters, and making slings. It can also be used for wrapping sprained ankles in an emergency.
Sealing Windows
Making emergency temporary repairs to you vehicle.
Stopping Leaks
Repairing Torn Clothing and Warn out shoes.
Waterproofing
Wrapping plastic water bottles to prevent cracking and leaking.
Duct Tape Tip: When you want your repairs to last longer, ironing the Duct tape to your torn fabric will help it last a lot longer. In the field you can use a Hot Rock heated in a fire to get the same effect.

Here are just a few of the real life stories that I found here. Please go and read all the uses and praise that can be found on this site.

WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS 5 SHE WAS SPINNING AROUND IN OUR HOUSE AND SHE HIT HER HEAD. IT WAS A BIG GASH ,WE LOOKED FOR BAND-AIDS AND WE DID NOT HAVE ANY, SO WE TOOK A WAD OF TOILET PAPER AND SOME DUCT TAPE AND WRAPPED HER HEAD. 7 STITCHES THAT TIME
ROBERT J.WILLMAR, MN

My friends and I were on a camp out recently and were distraught because we had all forgotten our flashlights, except for a very small one that didn’t work very well at all. So I suggested we try wrapping a stick with Duck Tape (no one forgot to bring this) and lighting it. It worked great, and burned for hours.
Aaron B.Springfield, MO

One day I was at my friends farm riding a 4-wheeler and the 4-wheeler broke and I ran right through a barbed wire fence and cut my neck 10 inches wide and 2.5 inches deep, and also my ear,hand and leg very badly. I got over 300 stitches in me. But before I went to the ER the people that were with me put duck tape over my wounds to stop the bleeding because we had a hour and a half ride to the hospital. The doctors told me afterwards that if I didn't duck tape my neck I would have bleed to death. Thank you God and Duck Tape!!!
Rachel H.Garland, TX

While hiking on Stone Mountain in the summer my brother and I ran out of water. There was a chance of a light rain shower that night so we duck taped a poncho into a large bowl to collect rain water. Then we prayed it would rain. It worked, we had so much water we dumped most of it out. Then we peeled the duck tape off, rolled it back up and clipped on the caribener. Thank you duck tape, you saved this Marine and Boy Scout's life. The rest of the hike was great.
Mitch E.Raymond, IL

SubscribeShare/Save/Bookmark